St. James Plantation
Property Owners' Association
Elected Board of Directors
Jerry Iverson, President - Term Ends 2022
Michael Farage, Vice President - Term Ends 2021
Jim Lavin, Treasurer - Term Ends 2022
Bill Lendh, Secretary - Term Ends 2023
John McGorry, Director-at-Large - Term Ends 2021
Jeff Toner, Director-at-Large - Term Ends 2023
The St. James Plantation Property Owners' Association (POA) was established to provide for the operations, maintenance and preservation of Common Areas and architectural control of homes and other structures.
POA Document Library here. (Governing Documents, Open Informational Meeting Notes, Board Meeting Minutes and Annual Meeting Presentations)
The POA Board currently has six representatives elected by the property owners and seven members appointed by the Developer. Developer control of the POA will continue until certain conditions as specified in the "Master Declaration” are met.
St. James Plantation is unique in that there is a large portion of common properties that have already been turned over to the Property Owners' Association; it is also an incorporated Town; and we also have a very active developer. The Town's limits extend outside St. James Plantation. So, if you get a little confused about who does what, we have tried to clarify the information in each section. But if you still need clarification, just call the POA office.
The Board meeting is open to all property owners in January, May, August, and November. Meeting notices are sent in advance.
POA Open Informational Meeting Notes, Board Meeting Minutes and Annual Meeting Presentations are available here property owners.
How We Communicate...
Read about our POA publications and how we communicate with property owners here.
The POA has the following general responsibilities as outlined in the "Articles of Amendment” filed with the North Carolina Secretary of State on December 17, 1998 and the Amended and Restated Charter filed with the Secretary of State on June 28, 1991.
- Establish reasonable rules and regulations governing the use of Common Properties.
- Levy and collect assessments to defray the common expenses of the Association.
- Construct, maintain and replace common properties.
- Contract for the management of the St. James Property Owners’ Association.
- To acquire, own, hold and improve, convey, sell, lease transfer, dedicate for public use, or dispose of real and personal property in connection with the affairs of the Association.
- To enforce the provisions of the Declaration and other rules and regulations including but not limited to the Architectural Control Guidelines.
Specific Services Provided by the POA include:
Operation and maintenance of all landscaping and other flora, structures, and improvements situated on the Common Properties and the private streets within the development.
Security and traffic control.
Operation of the following committees: Architectural Control, Communications, Finance, Infrastructure, Landscaping, Nominating, Safety and Security.