HOW WE COMMUNICATE
(click on above title to download / print entire document)
Once you become a property owner, you will need to visit the St. James Plantation Property Owners’ Association (POA) office where you will receive:
- A Welcome Package
- A personal introduction to the POA’s website and your personal login and password to access the property owners-only areas of the website
- Guidelines for building in St. James Plantation, if appropriate
- Lots of other valuable information.
As part of the welcome, your contact information will be entered into the POA’s Management Database (PMD). This database links property owners to four key areas: 1) the POA’s website; 2) the QuickPass® security system which gets you and your guests through the gates; 3) the POA’s dues billing system via CAS and 4) The Town of St. James’ emergency management system.
The emergency system sends out urgent messages regarding the safety or welfare of residents, guests or those working within the town, such as severe weather warnings, hazardous traffic or road conditions and any other condition that could threaten the lives, property or welfare of our citizens. It is important to keep your data current through the POA.
POA COMMUNICATION TOOLS
The POA’s website (www. stjamespoanc.org) provides information about the area, important contacts and phone numbers and the workings of the POA and its thirteen operating committees. The private side of the website, which is accessed via a personal login and password, allows property owners to search the online directory, access relevant POA documents, get more details on the board and committees, connect with other residents, access the community calendar and bulletin board, explore the many groups and clubs and more.
Cat-Tales is the POA’s magazine that primarily reports on the SJP community’s activities and residents. The Communications Committee develops the magazine that is distributed monthly via the U.S. mail to all property owners. An archive of past issues is maintained on the POA’s website.
What’s Up St. James? is a weekly electronic newsletter issued by the Communications Committee and emailed every Monday. It provides property owners with up-to-date POA board and committee information as well as upcoming events throughout the community and local area.
POA Website Contact Form is a quick and easy way to contact the POA office by clicking on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the POA website pages. Your comments and questions are reviewed during business hours and responded to within two-three business days.
Blast Emails are sent out periodically by the POA on important issues and time-sensitive information. Blast emails are sent to different groups depending on email content, such as property owners or just residents.
The POA strives to be available to all property owners. The POA Community Manager and staff are available at the office Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. The board and committee members welcome open communication via open meetings, email (POA@stjamespoa.net) or phone calls (910-253-4805).Times for the periodic POA meetings are provided either in What’s Up St. James? or on the POA website:
· Monthly Open POA Informational Meetings are usually held the third Thursday of the month at 4 p.m. at the St. James Community Center (SJCC). All property owners are invited to attend.
· Quarterly Open POA Board Meetings. Property owners are invited to the quarterly open board meetings held at SJCC.
· The Annual POA Meeting is held in October for all property owners. If there is an election for open board positions, voting results are announced during the meeting. The meeting is held at the SJCC and meeting details are mailed as well as listed in What’s Up St. James?, the website and a blast email.