The Artisans encourages the continued development of each artist’s skills, the opportunity to network, to teach and to share knowledge, and provides a means for marketing members’ work.
Numerous special events are held throughout the year, such as the Plein Air events at the St. James Marina, held during the Memorial Day and July 4th weekends, where members demonstrate their work. There are also special sales events throughout the year and The Holiday Boutique held in November in nearby Southport.
The Artisans Gallery is located at the St. James Marina complex, open year-round seven days a week (10 am - 5 pm), but closed the second Monday of each month for art change out. The Artisans also provide artwork to the St. James Community Center for display.
Membership is open to all artists and those individuals who wish to support the arts.
Stepping Up For Arts (formerly known as The Artisans of St. James, is a 501(c)3 organization associated with The Artisans. The goals of this organization is to promote and support the arts in the communities of Brunswick County through art appreciation and educational opportunities.
- Scholarships in fine arts are limited and we dedicate ourselves to ensuring that deserving Brunswick County students can pursue their craft. We have a proud history of awarding multiple annual scholarships so these young adults may continue their studies in any field of art.
- Grants are provided to Brunswick County schools to help provide an enhanced art program (music, dance, theater and visual arts) for its students through arts supplies and materials, equipment and field trips. Past donations have been used to purchase specialized software, weaving looms, painting supplies and other art program materials.
Donor / Corporate Sponsor Program
Private and public donations are an important part of our fundraising effort and we relay heavily on the generosity of our community. Become a proud sponsor of our program by buying a T-shirt at the Gallery, attending our events and making a charitable donation. Your contribution to Stepping Up For Arts is tax deductible.
- Diamond Level - $1000+
- Platinum Level - $251 - $999
- Gold Level - $101 - $250
- Silver Level - $25 - $100
If you would like to donate to Stepping Up For Arts, you may send a check payable to SUFA at: The Artisans (SUFA), 2571 St. James Drive, Suite 102, Southport, NC 28461
Points of Contact for The Artisans and Stepping Up For Arts
Donna Kanich, President (919) 971-9644 firstname.lastname@example.org
Caroline Quinn, Membership (
910) 477-6067 email@example.com
and Donor Programs
Like us on FaceBook at: https://www.facebook.com/artisansofstjamesplantation
Visit our website at: St. James Artisans